Removed GeForce FX5200 drivers keep reinstalling itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having problems changing the drivers for the FX5200. When I remove the drivers and nvidia from the device manager then use drivercleaner and cab cleaner, reboot in safe mode the nvidia drivers have reinstalled themselves...where is this back-up copy coming from that keeps reinstalling itself??????? BTW I am not connected to the net during this process.

Thanks,
Paul Bolden

Yes Vegasgmc, the drivers kept showing up in the control panel/add remove. I have managed to work through the issue.

Thanks,
Paul Bolden

Hi Paul

pbolden said:
I'm still having problems changing the drivers for the FX5200. When I remove the drivers and nvidia from the device manager then use drivercleaner and cab cleaner, reboot in safe mode the nvidia drivers have reinstalled themselves...where is this back-up copy coming from that keeps reinstalling itself??????? BTW I am not connected to the net during this process.

Thanks,
Paul Bolden

I had the same problem a while back - A friend of mine told me about a prog called driver cleaner.

drivercleaner.net
Select all nvidia related under the options panel.
If you have nvidia mobo chipsets dont remove those heh :D but I believe there is an option in there to remove nvidia gfx drivers only.

Hope this Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back