Removing cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

trithumb

when i take out my cpu my comp boots up fine why? its got the 775 socket its got the 1333 mhz front side bus speed i dont know y else it wont start... i take it out and it runs fine

i mean the power runs continually... when the cpu is in it shuts down not even a second after it turns on.... when i take it out the power stays on... i dont mean it functions but it powers on

When you put the cpu in, you are using thermal paste between the cpu and heatsink aren`t you?

See HERE for instructions on how to apply thermal paste.

If not, that`s why the cpu shuts down because it gets too hot and it`s safety cut out functions in order to prevent damage to the cpu.

Regards Howard :)

You don't take the CPU out when the power is still on do you? And as howard said you should definitely have a heatsink with thermal paste applied on the CPU.

IMO if you dont know what a cpu is or have it confused possibly you shouldnt be touching your computer other than the power button.

ok first... i know wat my cpu is thank you... second i am not a ******* and removing it while its on... i power it down and unplug it.... third i do have thermal compound on it...

The only other explanation is that you either have a motherboard that doesn't support the processor, or your BIOS can't recognize the processor and needs to be updated.

trithumb these posters aren't trying to insult you or call you a dumb ***, it's just that some people do things to their computer that would make a more experienced computer user laugh or shake his head in disbelief. Like this guy for instance. He obviously ignored all the warnings and erased all the information on his hard drive and still expected the computer to boot into Windows.

So lets start from the beginning. Please list all of your computer specifications. What motherboard do you have? What processor, memory, power source, hard drive, optical drive, video card, sound card etc etc. We want to know what brand and model you have and firmware and/or BIOS version.

Rage_3K_Moiz is probably correct. Either your motherboard does not support a FSB of 1333 or you have to update its BIOS to gain FSB 1333 support.

Your first post in this thread lacked any details which makes it a bad post. Questions are easier to answer when there is a good exchange of information in the beginning instead of drawing the information slowly out of you one tiny frustrating piece at a time.

As cinders said I didnt mean to insult you, it just seemed as though you were oblivous to the component structuring, maybe it was your wording.

Same here I did not mean to offend you. As cinders said you need to put more info in your posts so that we can help you. The way you did your post made it look like you were doing something stupid and didn't know what you were doing. So please add some more info so these nice people in here can help.

we have a thread on this site called, "dumb things people do on their computers."

Hopefully, we do not have to add you to it. But don't take it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back