Removing Old Nvidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

OK so i got the latest NVidia Drivers for my video card (91.31). and i have this directory C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP where it has all the other older drivers located as well as the new one. It has 9 older drivers installed as well as the new one. I am wondering if i can uninstall the old ones or delete them or something?

some things are just best left alone, they dont take up much space, they dont hinder any other application, i think the phrase " if it isn't broken, don't fix it." comes to mind.

yeah fair enough i spose! i mean i have plenty of free hard drive space and i dont need to get rid of them i was just wondering!

The Nvidia folder on the C: drive is safe to delete.
When upgrading, it usually good practice to uninstall the current drivers, then use Driver Cleaner to remove leftovers, and then install the new drivers. This can help avoid problem.

Just a warning, the driver sets after 81.98 are NOT stable and will not work with all cards and software. I had to revert back to 81.98 as 91.31 and 91.33 (beta) do not work with quicktime.

just a tip tomrca, leaving old drivers on your computer is actually bad for some programs, for example doom 3, probably the hardest damn game to get working, my problem is that doom 3 disables openGL to keep system stability because upon detecting the drivers it needs it detects also the old (incompatible) driver files and thus, cannot operate. its stupid i know but its a very hard problem to get rid of if, like me, you have alot of old forceware hidden away in ur pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back