Repeating STOP error

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently i got this error:
p90512620jm.jpg

another time i got this one:
p82112605ww.jpg

I have no idea why it is happening. It seems to happen at random times, such as the middle of the night. Usally at a time when i am not around. does anyone know what is causing this?

P.S. Is it possible i could be getting this because of insufficient power. I have a 300 watt Power Supply, with 4 hard drives and 3 cdroms.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

Your psu may well be the culprit, this could also be a faulty ram problem.

Take out your ram stick(s) and clean the contacts with an eraser, blow away the remnants and replace.

Now download the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let the programme run for at least seven passes.

If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

If it turns out that your ram is ok, upgrade your psu.

With a 300 watt psu, even if it`s a good quality one, the best it will achieve is around 70% efficiency, which means your psu will only be putting out around 210 watts. If however, it`s a no name cheap psu, then it wont be putting out that much.

Look HERE at this handy psu wattage calculator. Just remember to add a further 30% to whatever it says you need.

You may also want to read this excellent article on psu`s. Not only does it give recommendations on what psu`s are good, but more importantly, which psu`s to avoid. The psu thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back