[Resolved] Computer running slow also temp2.exe error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flint_Steal

Main things I have noticed is computer is sluggish, and windows errors are happening frequently a lot of games keep crashing with windows errors popping up. I also have noticed that every time i boot up i get a temp2.exe error.

(This other thing I have noticed may not be related to any virus but a lot of my games in particular the newer ones have a problem where the game keeps stuttering. I know this is not the graphics settings as my hardware is efficient enough to handle the setts. And I don't believe its a driver issue as well as i have the most current for audio graphics card and my dual core.)

computer is used mainly only for games and storage of movies and music so I would prefer not to format.

I believe I have followed the instructions correctly and here are the logs requested.

also the panda root scan found nothing.

Thank you for taking the time to assist me

I await your reply.

Hi,

1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quote box below into it (all except the word QUOTE):

File::
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\28MBGM.sf2
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CT8MGM.SF2
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CT4MGM.SF2
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CT2MGM.SF2
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\audiopid.vxd
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\settingsbkup.sfm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\settings.sfm
    Registry::
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run-]
    "Alcmtr"=-
  2. Save this as CFScript on the desktop.
  3. Referring to the image below, drag CFScript (hold the left mouse button while dragging the file) and drop it (release the left mouse button) into ComboFix.exe.
    CFScript.gif

4. ComboFix will begin to execute, just follow the prompts. After reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it shall produce a log for you. Post that log (Combofix.txt) in your next reply.
    Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to hang

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs and the resultant ComboFix log from the above instructions as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of Flint_Steal only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Ok applied the script you attached to combix and here are the logs you wanted me to make after applying it.

Attachments

• combofix.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

Delete this file -> C:\WINDOWS\imsins.BAK
Apart from that, your logs look clean now.

1. Please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

2. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

3. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

4. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

5. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of Flint_Steal only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thread closed as the problem appears to have been resolved. Should the original starter require it to be reopened, please PM a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back