Restart during Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzion

Hi

I have a little problem when playing Oblivion: in general i can play Oblivion for about 1 hour and then it just resets the PC -Stright Reset- with no BSOD or windows Error report but lucky enough today after about 2 and a half hours of play it reset the pc again but this time it gave me a windows Error Report:

BCCode : 9c BCP1 : 00000005 BCP2 : F77E9050 BCP3 : B2000018
BCP4 : 02000E0F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

i have looked on every Site/Forum to try and sovle this problem, but have been unsuccessful.

A friend said that the help here is Excellent and recommended i posted here with my problem.

[Edit] I will also post the dump files when i get in from work....
So if any one can help me i would very much appricate it

Thanks

oh and my PC Spec is:

O/S - Windows Media Centre (SP2)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Due 6300 @ 1.86Ghz
Ram - 1022MB DDR2 533 4600
GFX - nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTO 512mb DDR3 - Directx 9.0c
PSU - Gold 600w 12v

i dont think its an overheating Issue as my temps seem to be fine never above 50-55 on GFX and 50 on CPU during play.

well just got in in from work ive give the pc a good Air dust and now have it postioned in a nice space free place with the side of the case of with a nice big fan blowing in it.....

Thanks for the reply CCT i appricaite it thank you, ill give that mem test ago and post the results

just one Question tho does memtest require that i burn it to a disc or floopy ? ive tried mounting but it says memtest is on the bootsector of the disc?

if so then i may come unstuck as i dont have a floppy and am all out of discs :(

well i run memtest for only 2 pass as i got a few things to do these evening and all seemed well but if you would like i will run it through the night?

oh and heres the dump also CCT if ya fancy having alook maybe it will help and thanks again i appricate your help

ok.. i hope so :) im really enjoying Oblivion so far, but ty for your help m8 - i know have a niffty bit of kit for checking my RAM :p

ok just had another session of Oblivion and guess what another restart and another windows error report so that rules out that it was a overheating issue and i can now turn off that noise fan :p

well heres the new dump file just incase any one fancys taken up the task of helping me solve this problem that is stressing me out and ruining my game :(

I just Check!

OK upon checking the Event log i found a load of Yellow and Red warnings ( Souce ) DHCP - but im guessing this is related to a small issue i have been having with my internet ( which is now sorted ) and am pretty sure has nothing to do with the crashes during oblivion... but what is more concerning is i have a few Red System Error which im guesses is related to the oblivion issue...

Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000001, parameter2 8054d5f0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00000175.

more info says

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

and addresses "You may experience any of the following symptoms: Your computer automatically restarts"

i also have a number of RED application Errors related to the Oblivion.exe

oh and another thing, when this problem first started i turn off automatic Restart to force BSOD yet i still dont get one :(

BCP4 is the code to look at for bugcheck 9c. You have two different ones, 02000E0F and 175. You can find an explanation of 175 HERE (post #2).

I've googled the other one and there's various things to try. One is to disable a setting in the BIOS called C1E. Here's the google results for 02000E0F. Remember Bugcheck 9c is the same as Vista Bugcheck 124.

ok ive run memtest for 15-20 passes so i guess that rules out the RAM, but im still having no luck

Are you useing a nocd crack? "hacked oblivion.exe" that let's you play without useing the game cd. I've been haveing that problem lately and only sence I updated my game and put in a new nocd crack.

it seams to shut down when I got alot going on in game like summoning creatures and getting ready for my next attack kinda stuff.

You may be overloading your PSU, since Oblivion is likely pushing that video card to its limits. Check the +12V rail via the BIOS and see if it is sagging too much. Upto 11.8V is okay, but if the rail voltage is below this, you most likely have a dying PSU.

Check your CPU and GPU fans for dust as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back