Restart problem & Debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanmcq

Since today I've been getting random restarts. It's happened three times this evening. The event logs show shows this:

1st. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000c5 (0xffff0004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054ae34). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini051506-01.dmp

2nd. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00c60028, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xbae4032e). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini051506-02.dmp

3rd. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x84a2ac20, 0x84a2ac88, 0x0a0d0002). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini051606-01.dmp

I have attached the dumps and would be very grateful if someone could have a look. I've debugged the dumps myself but can't make too much sense of them or what I should do to solve the problem.

First states "Probably caused by : usbohci.sys" and gives "DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)".
Second states "Probably caused by : afd.sys" and gives "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)".
Third states "Probably caused by : cmuda.sys" and gives "BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)"

I had to reset the CMOS today (by unplugging and removing the battery) in order to get rid of a BIOS password. Could this be related? But other than that, haven't added any new hardware or software that I remember.

Thanks very much got any help

The cmuda.sys is a known problem C-Media sound card driver. The solution has been to update to the latest driver. See the topic discussed HERE

Cheers.

I already have the newest one! But since the last restart, I went back to an older version then re-installed the newest version so maybe that's solved it. I was just worried as it seemed an odd coincidence that it would happen tonight after I'd wiped the CMOS today.

Well wiping the CMOS would load default fail safe settings. Have you had any issue with RAM timings or fsb frequecy that you had to change from defaults in the past?

Well if the driver issue does not fix it, then maybe it is something related to loading fail safe defaults in the BIOS. Which is weird I know, bc you said you never changed any settings in there before. But maybe it was set at something at the OEM.

Try to add a little voltage to Vdimm. This is in the Advanced Chipset menu or Cell Menu in some BIOS. Vdimm is the RAM voltage. Use the smallest increment available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back