Restart problem please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have an Asus A8n SLI deluxe mobo. with an AMD athlon 64 3700 2.20 ghz cpu. I just built this computer but am having troubles. The computer starts up fine. However, the computer will not restart, when i attempt to restart from windows, the monitor and keyboard turn off and i can hear the computer still running. THen i have to turn the entire computer off manually. It will turn back on, but no response from monitor and keyboard. I then have to turn it off again. And the only way to turn it back on with the monitor and keyboard working, is to take out the mobo battery. It does not turn back on without taking out the mobo battery. When I turn off the computer from windows, it shuts down fine. But i have to keep the mobo battery out for it to all start backup again. Also, when I attempt to go into the BIOS setup andmake changes, when I press Exit and Save changes the monitor and keyboard shut off but the computer is still on. If I press exist and discard changes then it continues to start up perfectly. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! Thank you

Hello and welcome to techspot

I think most probably is your BIOS settings problem arise because when you restart the computer, the computer are entering BIOS settings and probably the settings were screwed so u need to reset it (by removing the battery).

Have you checked your BIOS settings? Any weird values or options there?
It might be a gpu settings error in the bios.

I had a similar problem where in my bios under "Monitor Events" (or similar depending on BIOS type) i had set the master IDE to be ignored, and when trying to shut the PC down it would shut down windows but not the PC, switching the BIOS to monitor the IDE fixed the problem.

gpu stands for graphic processing unit.
if the problems were on the monitor, anything related to graphics will be the problems am i right? that's y my suggestion is on the graphic settings or video settings.
there's tekgun also in monitor settings.
hope you can find it, good luck

i can't seem to find the monitor events setting, or any similar setting in the bios. the problem is also with the keyboard too.. when i restart the monitor and keyboard shut off, but the computer runs.

shaila said:
i can't seem to find the monitor events setting, or any similar setting in the bios. the problem is also with the keyboard too.. when i restart the monitor and keyboard shut off, but the computer runs.

Isn't it normal for a computer system to stay on during a restart? The monitor, and keyboard will cycle off then come on again. The computer beeps and reloads it's bios settings, but never turns off. When a shutdown command is given, the computer shuts down but the monitor should go into standby mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back