Restarting Computer!!!! Bsod!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkerdlee13

About a month ago my computer started rebooting about a minute after completely booting up and then it would restart so i turned off the automatic restart and i get a bsod with the stop message 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xefe569fe, 0xee147a20, 0x00000000) my family cant take it anymore because you cant do much in safe mode so help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Was there a message at the top of the BSOD error (eg: HAL_MISMATCH)? Was there also a file named towards the bottom of the BSOD error message?

We need to pin-point wether or not hardware or software is causing this. Does the BSOD error message happen in safe mode? If not, while in safe mode edit the boot.ini file (START-RUN-type: MSCONFIG-select the BOOT.INI tab and check the /SOS option) and restart once complete (start PC normally). Note during boot if your PC hangs on a particular sys file.

If the error is only happening recently, think about programs or hardware you have recently installed and either uninstall or System Restore back to a known working date.

This is a basic troubleshooters guide in the early stages of pin-pointing a problem such as yours. If you still get errors after any of this or if you find out something further please post asap.

Good luck :grinthumb

hey thanks for the reply no it doesnt name any files or stuff at the top or bottom of the bsod and it only happens in normal mode not in safe mode i will try editing the boot.ini thing

i did what you said with the boot.ini and it didnt seem to hang on any certain file then when it loaded it still did a bsod what i havent made any hardware or software changes recently so what should i do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back