Restarting help

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason when i play games such as counter strike or WoW my comp restarts. I thought it was a virus or trojan at first but i got my comp scaned and didnt find anything. Is it possible for the comp to restart if u dont have enough rams or ur running to much programs.

By the way my comp specs are :
P4 2.5 ghz
512 ddr ram
80 gig hd
32mb SiS 720_640
also can it be caused by having a cheap video card

hi there,
It is very likely in my opinion that your ram is too slow , try something like 512 or better still 1 gig of ddr 400 and a better gfx card , This will improve the matter. also check the speed of your hdd . This should be 7200 rpm .
Ihope this helps .....rogerrabbit.
please bear in mind this is what i would do It is only my opinion .

Before you blame the RAM or video card you should check your PC's temp. CPU and motherboard in the first place. Check in BIOS or get a utility that can do the check for you (not informed about those at the moment).
And experiment with drivers.
I find it very hard to believe that any DDRAM is too slow for a game, but mind you, I'm not up-to-date concerning gaming.

well its been a couple years since my last upgrade and since u just lose ram out of no where im down to 448 rite now so that might be a problem.

What?
You mean, that's the free amount in your OS? That's fine. Nothing to worry about. Check out temp first.

What is SiS, by the way? Is that an integrated chipset? That could well cause you some trouble, I guess.

If you use XP:
You should turn off the restart-on-error option by right-clicking My Computer, Advanced tab, the settings about System Errors, then look for "automatic restart" in the section "System Error" (hope it's right, I don't have an English version).
Next time you will get the actual bluescreens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back