Restarting on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

guillermojm

i am getting this error in the event log

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xc000008f, 0xaa929c35, 0xf7cc1b2c, 0xf7cc1828). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011807-01.dmp.

any ideas?

Hello and welcome to TechSpot!

Go into C:\Windows\Minidump and post the file Mini011807-01.dmp as an attachment into this thread.

Cheers :)

That dump's crashed at LVcKap.sys, which looks to be a Logitech Quickcam driver. Do a search for that file on http://forums.logitech.com to see if there's any relevant info.

BugCheck 1000007E, {c000008f, aa929c35, f7cc1b2c, f7cc1828}
Probably caused by : LVcKap.sys ( LVcKap+25c35 )

Image name: LVcKap.sys Timestamp: Tue Dec 19 08:09:11 2006 (45871F97)

sometimes the mini dumps can be wrong , because its what the computer thinks its what is wrong. Make sure its not a MOBO/Ram incompatability.

I had a similar prob , and it turns out it was from a bad type of mobo (any of the same model was bad,, ECS p4m800 pro v2.)

Restarting probs

I too have been having some restarting probs with my comp -winXP pro sp2. It goes to BSOD all of sudden and not when i do any specific thing. A couple of times i got a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL msg, other times there was nothing. I have attached the minidump files, someone PLEASE help. Thanks in advance.

*update*

Wel thank you for the replys i did follow instructions on one of the sites you guys lonked me to and it seems to be working fine now.... it seems like this is a major issue with logitech cam owners and they are still waiting for a fix...

thx again guys...

If your motherboard supports voltage sensors, download and run Speedfan to check the power supply's voltage outputs. A weak or failing power supply can cause unexplained restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back