my computer restarts when i tell it to turn off, i have no idea why, please help
1. why is this in the cooling&modding forum? lol
2. what do you mean when you say "i tell it to turn off". is this via the power button, or via the start menu?
3. when did this problem start, did you install/uninstall any programs right before it started?
This ususally happens when there is a system error. by default, windowsXP restarts the computer in the event of a system malfunction. it experiences the error during shut down, and automatically restarts the PC. to prevent the system from restarting itself after an error, go into your system properties control panel > advanced > startup&recovery > uncheck the "automatically restart" box.
roxio easy CD creator/adaptec easy CD/direct CD are known causes. if you have any of these try uninstalling them and see if that solves it.
1. i didnt no where to put it
2. via the start menu
3. i started after i enabled advanced power managment support
ok, well it seems that you answered your own question.
you have the problem when APM is enabled. so why not just disable it?
not all systems are compliant with APM, yours may be one of them.
You may also have it set to restart upon shut-down, may sound odd but you never know with the windows OS