Restarting problem/Minidump files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yggdrassil

I can't keep my computer from restarting when it feels like it and its about to drive me insane. I'm not running ANYTHING and I have a 1G of Ram and the only thing I'm doing is waiting to see how long my comp can stay on before it restarts its self..

Does anyone know of anything that could be causing this? I've scanned everything using like Mcfee, AVG, and Norton but nothing like viruses or anything like that.

I'm not what else to do and I've attached my two minidump files if this helps anyone to come up with a solution for me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini122307-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini122307-02.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 5
Your first minidump points to an 0x7F error, specifically memory corruption. I suggest running MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes and see if you have any memory errors.

If yes then run it again per stick to see if one or all RAM sticks need to be replaced.

When my RAM was bad I had the same experience as you.

I can't get any of the memtest to work for me and i'm not really familiar with using it. Everything i've tried needs a disk or wants me to insert a floppy disk which i don't even have a place for that.

1. Goodle MemTest86+ (this is totally free and it also free of any infections) and download the option where you can burn to a CD.

2. Burn the CD with Memtest. It is a zip file so you must open first with Winzip or another zip file utility and then burn.

3. I know that with a floppy you must immediately insert the disk while PC is booting. It takes over from there and will run automatically. I am not sure about a CD but I imagine it is the same.

4. Also, in your BIOS, the CD/DVD drive must be first bootable in sequence of all drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back