Retrieving files from pc in other house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hello, I'm currently not at home, but I desperately need to access some documents that I saved on my home computer... It is literally a matter of 10000's of $$... No-one is currently at home either so I cant get them to fax or email them to me... I have however left my PC on and its connected to the internet as we're on broadband... Is there any way of accessing these files through my other computer?

Regards,

Korrupt

Hi,

Since no one is at home it would not be possible to access your system at all, unless for some reason you shared the folder publicly on say, msn and you are logged in.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

There must be some way... What if I found an open port and used it to access it, like it is with torrent sharing...

Hi,

Did you allow that file (or the folder it is in) to be shared, and is your torrent client on? If not, then seems to me that there probably is no other way.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

No, and no. I wasnt planning to access it, I put it on my flash drive, but that went though the wash:(

Is there some sort of program to do this? I've heard of viruses collecting information from a remote pc... I dont care if I have to use a virus, as long as I can get the data, my whole HDD is backed up anyways...

Hi,

Afraid I can't help you on that. In any case, it would be highly risky. Also, since that document is so important, it must be highly sensitive. Thus, I wouldn't recommend you even trying such a method.

Sorry I wasn't of much help.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Thanks:( Its not risky, just highly important... I found a few programs that supposedly do what I want them to do, namely: VNC, GoToMyPC, pcAnywher, and laplink, hopefully I'll have some luck with them...

Regards,

Korrupt

But now the problem is trying to find out the IP adress:( Mhhh

Hi,

Since you are using broadband, you can easily check the domain with your ISP.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back