Review of PC-A70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rilla927

Wanna big chassis?

Look not much further than two new offerings from Lian-Li.

The company is set to introduce a couple of chassis large enough to cater for EATX motherboards.

The PCA70B (l) and PC-A71B (r) differ only in their external appearance. Each features five 5.25in bays, 10 internal 3.5in bays, (of which three are removable) and, of course, internal space for motherboards measuring 12in-by-13in.

Consequently, even AMD's upcoming foot-long Radeon 2900 XT (should I even say that?) will fit in without problems.

IMG_5074.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

Internal layout looks good and the 615(d) x 595(h) x 220(w)mm giants should make decent high-end/workstation chassis. They arrive outfitted with six slow-spinning 120mm fans, too.

Tentative pricing is set at around $260 and we expect to see them in retail form in the next two months.
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=8987

I just bought this case yesterday $209.99 @
http://www.sundialmicro.com/

Mighty high price, isn't it, for case without a power supply.
There are excellent workstation chassis for $90. What makes this one worth that kind of money, not to mention the $85 shipping.

No, not to me anyway. I allocated $300.00 for a case and this came cheaper than everyone thought it would be. I started researching cases back in March and every single case I came across had drawbacks (some big ones, some minute) and when I found this case I didn't find one drawback with it. Plenty of room in it if I ever decide to water cool in the future, so need to buy another case. I fell in love with the configuration inside as well as the outside and the dimensions. I like the dual PSU option. I hope the Seasonic M-12 700 will fit in the top, if not, it goes on the bottom.

Where the heck do you see $85.00 for shipping? I paid a additional $17.00 for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back