Rogue Leader/GameCube anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyke

Hi All!

The release of GameCube is looming, and one of the "star" games to herald its arrival is Star-Wars: Rogue Leader.
Good timing by Nintendo, what with Episode II around the corner.
Now, I've seen some adverts, and the game looks good, and the GameCube is launching at a competative price (£130 UK).

There are a lot of Star Wars fans out there (I should know, I'm one myself), and with the SW hype at the moment, is anyone thinking of getting a GameCube just for the New Star Wars Game(TM)?

I must admit, I'm thinking about it, as it looks like a real good Star Wars space combat game!

Thoughts anyone?:giddy:

wow...

you guys in scotland dont have gamecube yet? that suprises me. i dont own a gc, and i dont plan to get one anytime soon, but i did play a little bit of rogue squadron though. it seemed pretty cool in the 15 minutes i spent playing it, but i would highly recommend you try it before you buy it.

read up on some reviews (if you havent done so already)...

IGN gave it a 9.1/10

GameSpot gave it a 9.4/10

After the GameCube is released we will be getting inside toilets and running water. ;)
I have a PS2 and a PC and have so many unfinished games that it's just not funny anymore so I don't think I will be investing in another platform for some time to come :D

I cant really afford to buy either a GC/PS2/XBOX, although Rogue Squadron does look quite tempting :)

Also, I still have to finish Jedi Knight 2.

Aiight. Gamecube is a great system with a good outlook. The modem and gameboy advance cables coming out soon it should be a promising system. The game Rogue Leader in itself promises to be a great game. I should know, i've played it. in fact my friend and i bought the gamecubes for that game, and super smash bros melee. those are my thoughts, but you really hafta form your own opinion about the game. i like the game, it has kept me content for hours. :D grinthumb
-Zidane:

I have a PS2 and a PC and have so many unfinished games that it's just not funny anymore so I don't think I will be investing in another platform for some time to come

Arris, you have my sympathies, but the simple answer is work less, play more!:cool:

Yeah, I've seen the reviews, and it does look great, but I've NEVER bought Nintendo before! How long will it be before they release "Star-Wars: Super Mario Rogue Squadron Cadet Racer "?:dead:

I'm thinking now, wait three to six months till the cube+game probably comes down to just over a Ton, then go for it. It'll give me time to finish Jedi Outcast as well!:D

On related theme, I bought Megadrive for Turrican; Playstation for Ridge Racer Revolution, and PC for Combat Flight Simulator, so I may be following a pattern here...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back