router configuration panel????

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there. my name is fred and i heard about a router configuration panel that people with routers for their dsl and cable internet connections. is that true? if it is how do i get to it. i heard of one way but it doesnt work. i know my router/cable modem is from rca. and i know my ip address. since i dont know how private that is i will just leave it at that. any help??

The router configuration panel differs from brand to brand. Linksys, for example, has a default of 192.168.1.1, with a blank username and 'admin' as the password. DLink routers use 192.168.0.1.

Do you know what the IP of your router is?

You should check the documentation for your modem/router. If it is a router at all. If you are not sharing your internet connection and the modem box doesn't have several local ports on it then it is most likely just a bridge and not a router meaning you can't configure anything.

Routers are made with many configuration options. The most common is a web page accessible at the routers local IP address but you may have to use telnet or a serial console if the router isn't that avanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back