Router prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, im trying to play 1 game trough gamespy arcade, but when i create room and launch game, the players cant join there. allso when i try join a game it wont go. I dont know much about computers but everybody keeps saying i need open ports for that game from router conficuration. The problem is i cant acces the conficuration because i dont know the router's adress. i have tried 192.168.1.1 and else but it wont open login screen. Any help how to find my router ip adress etc welcome.
EDIT: the router is Zyxel prestige 660h-61.

yea you can always turn off the firewall, just like you can let your kids play in the street too -- very bad judgment.

I'm gonna assume you're using Windows XP. Go to the control panel and double click Network Connections. Now double click Local Area Connection. Click on the Support Tab. Your Default Gateway is your router. You'll have to know the account name and password to log into the router.

sledgus said:
What are you talking about? You don't know what his default gateway is
the address cited is the default address of the router so the user might be able to access the configuration page.
The default gateway address is a totally different thing. :knock:

sledgus: 'What are you talking about? You don't know what his default gateway is'

2 things:

1 - I DID look up his router specs and the default gateway is normally that address

2 - I was actually meaning that the FORMAT to address the router was like that (ie, no www included), so your question is pertinent, if expressed rudely

CCT said:
sledgus: 'What are you talking about? You don't know what his default gateway is'

2 things:

1 - I DID look up his router specs and the default gateway is normally that address

2 - I was actually meaning that the FORMAT to address the router was like that (ie, no www included), so your question is pertinent, if expressed rudely

hahah, I wasn't trying to be rude... Cranky Bum

CCT:
When accessing the router cfg page, you use an IP address, and as such, there's no www prefix :)

sledgus:
the TRUE gateway for a lan is the ISP router address:

Code:
IPS-(router)--  ---userModem--router(lanside)---user.systems

from the user's systems, there's a gateway address in the ip config for every system,
BUT that is just the UPSTREAM device address, eg the router's lanside address

btw: I too thought your comment was rude.

BTW: I already said that I wasn't trying to be rude.. If you want to take it that way go ahead.

I didn't reply to beat up on you, but to have you see that others took it that way also,
suggesting that you might consider the manner in which you make comments so
that we can all get the best benefit :)

thanks for participating in this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back