Router Problems plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

A cupple weeks ago i bought a new gaming router its a D-link Model : DGL-4300 and it keeps having the same problems as my old crappy linksys router - Signal strength fluctuates or drops. I know the building materials and environment effect signal so i hooked it up in the other room and use a wireless network adapter on my desktop but the real problem is that we got a small buisness and a collage student that always need the internet and it keep dieing on them + the router is only 20ft away from each of them.... Plz help

well it still drops its connections and i reconfigured it. Turning off its GameFuel* , Super G* , and its auto Channel scanner. its been working ok for me but the Computer illertate people sill seem to be havin problems Ex. my mom... sigh.. well now shes pushing me to send it back to Dlink... sigh

Don't turn off Super G you'll need that feature. Change the channel to 1 or 11. You might have to go wired router and use the Game router as a access point. Adjust bandwidth for your college student that needs to be on the internet to a min. But the Game Router is one of the best on the market well for the home. If you got signal problems in the dwelling then wired router would be better. Some Wireless router can't do much if there are things that get in the way. Another thing you can do use put the Wireless router near a corner window facing in angle.. Connection dropping if you have older house or coax to your cable modem is so old it might be a good time to have them come out and replace the lines at no cost to you.

If the people having problems are only 20 feet from the router, you should connect them with cables to the router, even if you have to go through a wall or ceiling. Should solve that problem, anyway.

Then you should turn off the wireless if you don't need that feature. You would only do this as you have describe wireless connection losses an etc..

The other option is to replace the antennae on the router with a high power antennae which operates at a higher Dbi level to stabilise your signal.

Here is an example from newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back