Router Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberbabe

Hi :)

I have an annoyance with my Router (BT Home Hub Cable/Wireless ADSL Router) about once a week when I'm on line it seems to freeze so i go into the Router settings and restart this clearer's the freeze and the Router works fine, i have been through its settings and cant find anything that i may need to enable to stop this freeze (wireless is disabled as my Computer is Ethernet cable connected), any help or advice as to why i experience this freeze would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Who is your provider? What is the brand and model of cable modem.
Suspect your Internet cable connection, first. If your router was provided by your internet service, get them to exchange it.
The problem could be anywhere in your computer, connection, or router, so it is very difficult to track down. Keep a written record of where you were on the connection when the problem appeared. Eventually, you will narrow it down.

Hi raybay thank you for answering :)

My ISP is BT "British Telecom" the brand and model of the Router is BT Home Hub > Here i will do as you say also i will contact BT, thank you for your help and advice its appreciated very much Cyberbabe X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back