Rubik's Cube

Cool cool, thats not a terrible time, I'm around that time as well, I'm trying to get my time down to a minute until I try any different ways to solve it. Also, I'm buying a 5X5 Cube soon, I can't wait for it.

My sciences teacher has finished a standard rubik's cube in 4 minutes, we spent about 12 minutes just rotating it over and over :)

Haha, I love it when people take like an entire class to mix it up, and then I solve it in a couple mins. I try to tell them it doesn't matter how much they mix it up, but they think they can stump me.

HAh yea we did that as well. From memory the most moves it can possibly take is 52. That is, no matter how many turns the most that it can take is 52, but it is always less (providing its done the right way).

My mate has a 4x4, but a 5x5 is alot easier as 4x4 has an ambigous case where it becomes impossible to do.

I'm trying to find a 5x5 from Eastsheen, I've been told by many rubiks cube men that the Rubiks.com version is very big and bad (tends to break after a very little use). Anyone have any suggestions on this? I found some on ebay, but if I can get some at the store I would rather do that

Haha I actually bought a combo deal, 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5 from Eastsheen for 30 bucks plus shipping. Its a pretty nice deal, just have to make a paypal account so I can buy it.

I always ended up taking the thing apart and then putting it back together. It worked every time. :)

i've never tried Cinders's way but that should work :D i'm familiar with 4x4 cube, but i can't claim any great time record cos i hadn't tried to solve the cube since my childhood.. and back then it used to take me pretty much time to deal with it...

kemp_Drumsalot said:
I would suggest going and getting one. Not only is it entertaining but it is very healthy for you.
i know i know, all those puzzles that make you think, keep brain cells alive ;) i'm thinking of unusual Rubik's cube like this
434363771_bb5d698a76_m.jpg

or this:

1479095929_46df88a137_m.jpg

i guess i'll have to get regular cube and print some stickers :)

Back in the days of the original rubiks cube, my older brothers classmate had the world record for solving it. His name was nicholas Hammond and took him on average 30 secs to solve it.
He was once on 'Record Breakers' with Roy Castle......back in the day "

Thats awesome, my time still ranges from about 1 minute to 1:36, so I'm still improving, but i love the challenge my new cubes are going to give me, I'm sure they will take me awhile to figure out lol.

if i remember it right, the second cube was photoshoped, but it still looks like a good idea for me :) the changed appearance makes whole thing a bigger challenge.

Back