Rugby World Cup 2007

hynesy

Who here plans on watching the rugby world cup 2007? Who do you think will win? I will get the ball rolling, even tho I am aussie I do not think Australia will win, nor do I think NZ will win, they are notorious chokers. I am backing South Africa and France.
cheers
Hynesy

I'm an aussie too, but I think you're right, the Wallabies just aren't good enough at the moment. I hate to say it but I think the Blacks are just too good and they'll pull it off. I'd love to see Wales win just to screw over the rest of the six nations.

lol yeah, I would like to see ireland win, I am of irish decent going back 4 generations.

Good to hear Mike, I do follow Australia, I am just more critical, also some will say cynical about the Wallabies. The reason being my older brother plays for the queensland reds so I know all the inside stuff that goes on.

Yeah, Welsh 2 generations back, so usually interesting when Wallabies play the Red Dragons. I back Australia and will be cheering for them all the way, I just think realistically they won't win the final.

Yeah, although I would hate to see the kiwi's win, a chick at my work is kiwi and she would never let me live it down :p

Somebody tell Canada you cannot win by one point in Rugby.
Me - I would like England to win but I don't think they will. My money (don't tell anyone) is on France.

I live in England and will support England. But I still think France will win. Especially after last weekend's effort. I also think Argentina will surprise us by doing really well.

yeah, that would hurt, the first couple pool games are normally the powerhouse teams vs. the weaker team which means there is a lot of cricket scores.
ireland are playing bad at the mement, likes a really bad score against Namidia concidering they are most likely the worst team competing.

lol AlbertLionheart,
You have, so far been in part correct, guessing that argentina would surprise us. ;)

As a Tigers fan I remember watching the likes of Les Cusworth who always surprised everyone. Now he is director of rugby (or something like that) for Argentina. Guess it all follows a pattern!

If all goes well, Australia will meet New Zealand in the semi-finals.
I reckon we can beat em too by that stage :grinthumb

The match I'm waiting for is AUS Vs FIJI on the 23rd. My wife and her family are Fiji-Indian and they love watching Fiji play.

Fiji are unstoppable in Rugby Sevens ... their hands are huge!
Great fun to watch

Australia v Wales tomorrow night oh yeah!! But the Wallabies won't get away with the same sort of first half lack of finishing they did with Japan. Especially being at Millenium stadium. Aus by 2 tries!

Before that we have England against South Africa - now that will be interesting especially as England have lost Vickary because he behaved like a poltroon, Olly injured, Wilkinson too fragile. NO kicker!
Harry Ellis would sort this lot out but he's broke too.
SA are without Burger for his tackle on Junior Polu but they have good reserves.
Still, I will go to the boozer and cheer for them.

Welsh vs Aus in Wales, hmm, Go aussie's and I think the hairy backs (South africans) will beat the english.

You all must admit; the Aussies did it easy against Wales :D

Ex-Broncoe Barnes is proving to be an excellent playmaker ...

lol codex, springboks almost got done by the tonga :s
Australia have fiji, should be easy for australia, altho it is always a good game to watch because of the flare that the fijians have.
chees
Hynesy

Back