running car audio on my pc

By GameJunkie72792
Mar 29, 2007
  1. i have a old amp and sub i just got from my dad, i want to run it on my stereo, i have the computer hooked up through the stereo, now i must hook up the amp an sub. i kno the installation of the amp and the sub i just dont know where to get the power for the amp, the power needing to be DC. i was thinking a psu would this be possible? just running from the 12 volt rail?
  2. halo71

    halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

    You could probably get a cheap power converter. I use one at work to work on RFT units in my office that run on 24 volts normally. I bought mine from Grainger for under $50.00, around 2 years ago.
  3. GameJunkie72792

    GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 274

    nice i my dad is forever getting stuff from grainger for work i will check it out! thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...