Running CD games Without A CD Inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmagic650

I have seen this posted in other places. I own the games I do this with.

1. Make an image of the CD with Nero
2. Download and install Daemon Tools
3. Mount these images to the virtual CD drives created by Daemon Tools

I run Halo and Multilevel Poker without having to put the disc in the CD/DVD ROM

You can do that but with some copy-protection schemes it will fail.

Another better way to do it is to do a full install, then get a no-cd crack form megagames.com that fits the version number of the installed game. Change the extension of the original game files to ".old" as you will need them later when you want to patch the game.

Using a no-cd crack to play games you have legally acquired isn't (or at least shouldn't) be against the law. I do this with all of my games.

Halo was one of the copy-protected games that was easily imaged and mounted to a virtual CD. As I said earlier, I own a licensed copy of Halo, I just wanted faster game play. The imaged Halo runs faster, with much fewer lags... My CD/DVD rom gets plenty of rest too

You mean that there is absolutely no way to do a "full" install of Halo?

Also is that game worth buying? I've been thinking about picking up that game for awhile.

You only have a single install option in Halo. The game requires you to run it with the CD inserted, no matter what. You can't straight copy the disc either. Copied discs will not run. I didn't want to wear out the CD either. I love the game... Halo 2 is only for X-Box, no new PC version other than the original Halo- Combat Evolved :mad:

Or you can get Steam by Valve and play the best games that are out today ( Counterstrike, half life and Day of Defeat :D )

There is a tool dedicated for this. I cant remember the name, but it supports many games and works like a charm.

This is not a "cracking" thread. The CD images I used were created by Nero 6 OEM... Nero cannot crack a CD or DVD

Ph30nIX said:
There is a tool dedicated for this. I cant remember the name, but it supports many games and works like a charm.

Aren't you thinking of Daemon Tools?

ain't piracy

Tedster said:
"Cracking" CDs, and piracy type discussions are not allowed on techspot.

IMO this thread has got nothing to due with piracy.
Is using modified executables or CD images to play games, that you have bought, without having to insert the CD every time illegal?

In a sense yes as it allows you to circumvent a security measure put on by the software manufacturer. It is declared illegal under the DMCA & as such we will close this topic to avoid drawing unwanted attention on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back