Runtastic and Oculus team up for virtual reality workouts

Justin Kahn

As Oculus and other VR options inch their towards mass market appeal, a number of third party developers are looking to get in on the tech as early as possible. One of those companies is developer Runtastic. The team is leveraging...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/59164-runtastic-oculus-team-up-virtual-reality-workouts.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

D

davislane1

Interesting concept, but I cannot see anyone who is serious about getting in shape using this. The VR is great, but any legitimate workout is going to cause perspiration. I cannot see the Rift being even remotely comfortable under that condition.

Alternatively, they could include a complementary spotter program: "One more rep, one more rep! It's all you, man! You've got this!" (right before being asphyxiated by the barbell.)

G

What about the real uses already, like virtual lapdance or interactive experience?

stewi0001

TechSpot Elite
The perverted users will want to know if there is a nude option for the trainer.

As for me, all I could think of was "Get into da choppa!" while watching the video.