Runtime Error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshaman

i need some help on what to do when a error message window comes up and says
Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error C:\progra~1\Napster\napster.exe

thank you

What i can make out from this is that your C++ Runtime Environment may be corrupted or did not install properly (I dont know if this is a microsoft component or not).

Limewire uses Java Runtime Environment so as Napster seems to use C++ runtime Environment, then i would suggest you unstall both runtime environment as well as napster and reinstall them again.

The application that is using it will generally have it attached to its install or will ask you if it's ok to download it, or will link or give instructions as to where to download it.

oh yeah all this stuff started to happen when i put in my ATI video card could that have somthing to do with it ?

I dont think that ati drivers use a runtime environment unless the utility that controlls the settings does. but a simple test would be to uninstall the card and it's drivers and see if the problem goes.

The runtime environment would be in add remove programs in controll panel.
If it's not then It would be integrated into windows.

if that error is only when you use napster then that is most likely where your problem lies.

Oddly enough.

Hey there, I had this problem for a very, very long time, and then it turned out most of the time it's something viewing the contents of your computer A.K.A spyware... so I realized EA's game along with other games such as Oblivion have programs that do this "unintentionally" try taking your games out of your CD trays' and then running napster, it worked for me.

The Java runtime (JRE) is in the add/remove, but the C++ RTE is not.

1) find the precise name that is being reported
2) locate it on your system
3) google for the name that was reported
4) download the DLL
5) copy it to the proper location.

You may need to perform (5) using Safe Boot, as the file can not be replaced
if it is being used by some service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back