Russian Keyboard?

By bettyboop911
Jan 21, 2006
  1. I use Alta Vista a lot to translate from English to Russian for a Russian lady I communicate with. Is there any way to convert my keyboard to a Russian one so that I can translate from Russian to English?

    I looked in the control panel under Date, Time, Language and Regional options but found nothing.

    Thanks! :eek:
  2. SNGX1275

    SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,742   +422

    You mean type in russian and have it show up in english? Then no, thats not possible. You are best off still using Alta Vista.
  3. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

    If you want to input cyrillic letters, then you need a keyboard with both cyrillic and latin alphabets printed on the keys. (Well, unless you can touch-type in cyrillic). You can also use the Windows on-screen keyboard or the Character Map utility.

    So get a cyrillic option to your keyboard layouts (for the OSK):
    Control Panel, Regional options. Languages, Details. Add the Russian input language. Now you should have an icon in your system tray that lets you switch between English and Russian keyboards.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...