s/pdif output problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA3

i am currently using my onboard audio (AC 97) optical outputs to play sound on my home stereo. i spent enough on that, i dont need to buy exp computer speakers too... but i'm having some issues with the playback. no matter what software i am using for playback, every once in a while there is a gap in the sound, i checked the device mgr and there are no conflicts with resources so im a little perplexed as to what could be causing this problem... your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Where in NY are you KA3, if you don't mind me askin'...and have you checked the connections and verified that all that is good to go? Optical cables never got bent or anything? I know, basic questions, but eliminate the obvious first...)

the cable is plugged into my computer and reciever securely, and i dont see any kinks in the cable. i dont think the material inside the cable is broken because wouldnt that lead to a total loss of sound? the only thing that i thought could be causing this is the fact that i am using onboard audio; however, the mobo is new (abit ic7 max3) so i hope this isn't the case. do you have any thoughts on this theory? and im from upstate new york, near seneca lake (the largest of the finger lakes) if you are familiar with the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back