S.T.A.L.K.E.R wheres the love!????!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraYYoda

Is it just me or do waaaay too few people know about this aprarently kick *** game?
http://www.stalker-game.com/
While talking to friends and some msn freaks i offen start asking what people think of Stalker,and i keep getting the same responce..."Whats that?","Never heard of it","huh!?"...And then i have to go through the painfull process of explaining how awesome it looks and why im counting down the days till it comes out.
This game really looks like an easy Half-Life2,Doom3 beater[Just my opinion since i have both,dont kill me!]
But NO ONE seems to know a thing about it.

Anyone who like me thinks itll rock and cant wait speak up
just at least so i know this game really is real! :suspiciou

This games looks sweet and is on my "to look out for" to see if I want to buy it or not, will wait to see reviews and system requirements, if it's more system requirements then HL2 and D3 i will have trouble playing it and may pass it up. Right now I'm gearing up Xenosaga Episode II (I do both PS2 and PC).

Yea very true,its made by GSC Game World a small and cool group of russians i think.Its soooo much more interactive,infact its been titled as a rpg,fps but not in a bad boring rpg way.
Basiclly u are given this massive fully free roamable world a tonnes of freedom and from there u can almost make what u want out of the game,of course while still keeping the general shoot, upgrade, learn, shoot some more style of the game.
But u do have full freedom to play however u want ,stealth,insane arney style,total snipe, what ever, also your style seems to give u a general reputation within the game which is very cool, u could be known by the npc as the shadowy like killer! never seen but heard of,or some insane killaholic.
One of the coolest things in the game seems to be the ai,there are NO scripts,all the in game npcs are told by the ai setup what they need to survive,ei food shelter,lack of lead in the body! so they also have loads of cool defensive ai things,like u could find an extremely wimpy npc!
The fact that the game goes on all the time should be enough to get anyone to fork out a lil bit of cash for this one,

Wow that was long, sry to anyone who had the read that but i just really like the look of the game :approve:

Yea im not sure about system requirements yet but i wouldnt say theyll be that much morethan D3 or HL2.
Right now im on PC mostly but halo2 on xbox keeps pulling me deeper into the world of XBLive,im also a bit of a ps2 player but not much,jus get the big titles.

I've been following this one for over a year and a half. Looks like it's going to be slick when it gets released, which isn't anytime soon. They just dropped the May 2005 release date and gave a "TBA."

Yea 4 delays of a game this good is almost enough to make u kill urself,or the developers...or u could steal a beta..
Anyone wanna help me "rescue" stalker from the greedy hands of gsc!?

Stalker is awesome because the weapons are as realistic as they get. If you've handled/operated an AK74, or any of the other weapons in the game, you'll see what I mean.

Hell yea man,your right
And i love the way you can upgrade them with addons,
scopes,silencers,grenade launchers,IR..i think, u can somewhat personalise your weapon.
I can really picture myself finding a gun i like and sticking with it through the game while upgrading it.
And yea, the realism is amazing,the sound,look and feel is perfect.
I cant wait to fall in love with my stalker AK!

Ah yes, sticking with that one beautiful gun that I have nutured and upgraded. At first it was a dirty, degraded AK47, but now it is a higly accurate, highly modified work of art. I don't see I could ever part...

*sees chain gun*

Hell yeah, THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!

Well, weapons that actualy exist in the real world....

Chainguns aren't exactly issue items to individual troops yet.

SOme of teh old trailers feature a portable chain gun (really a minigun I suppose) as a usuable weapon. Speculation is, though, that it won't make it into the final release.

I too have been watching this with great anticipation. 35km of world to explore, day/night cycles, weather patterns, trading and lots and lots of other cool stuff. Much more interested in ths that I was in Doom3 as a concept.

Yea true,i can really see myself sitting down to this for a lengthy period,it cant suck!
Yea the chain looks kinda vicous,the site says its usually mounted and that ull need a hydraulic exoskeleton to use carry it around,hehehe :grinthumb
I also like the look of the rad futuristic Sam Fisher like gun,computerized targeting!
But it just hasnt got the hardcoreness of a gritty worn down ak.
Wow,i want to play this game even more than i thought.
I guess a stalker mmo game would be a lil too much to ask for right!?

Actually, the weapon isn't futureistic. It's the FN2000D, a weapon presently on teh military market. Same Fisher's weapon is also an FN2000, which, like his, accepts a silencer and special nonlethal launcher attachment. To my knowledge, it doesn't shoot airfoils, it shoots modified paintballs and bean bag rounds. Nor does it fire stcky shockers or cameras (as far as i can tell).

The fact that it is a real gun makes it all the more cooler.

Yup! very cool,i know its a real gun however in one of the first movies released they showed the player using the FN2000 and while in scope mode the gun automatically locked onto enemies! :)
Thats what i meant by futuristic.....and sure its all in 2020,i think, so everythings futuristic!

Now you have me hooked

I must congratulate everyone here on getting me hooked on yet another game. After veiweing the site, and hearing you guys talk about it, i am going to get this as soon as i can. Ahhh my mom will just be soo happy....

Sean

HaHa great!
Thats kinda the goal of all this.
And yea,all the responses have been awesome its nice to know theres such a healthy buzz of excitement in this game which seems to deserve all the praise and support it can get.
This should be the fps dream come true,lets hope it doesnt suck!,And lets hope it eventually gets released :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back