S-video cable with broken pin need to know how to fix it ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have a logitch sound system and it has a s-video cable that comes from the control center over to the subwoofer which provides the info to the speakers. and i dont know how this happend but i broke 1 of the pins and of course with my luck the pin was required because now only 1 speaker out of 4 speakers works and the subwoofer also works. also iv checked all connections and also i have checked all settings and everything is right. i really need to know how to fix this so if somebody could answer ASAP it would be great. Thanks

Go to your local electronics shop and buy a new S-Video plug. Cut the cable and attach the new plug. Good luck guessing which wire goes where though :p

is it hard to open up the control center and replace the whole cable like take the old 1 out then insert a new 1 that i have already cut 1 end off of? and can u exsplain in more detail how to do that

OH now i see the problem, I misunderstood it earlier.

where you plug in is missing a pin right? Well you may still be able to go buy an end and replace it, not sure whether you can make it look real elegant. But just open it up and take a look, note the wires coming from it and their position, then attach a new plug. Cut a new hole if you have to.

I think you`ll find that the plug you describe as an s-video plug is in fact a din plug. How many pins does the plug have?

If you take the control centre to a hi-fi repair shop, they will be able to either attach a new plug or cable. This shouldn`t cost more than a few dollars.

Regards Howard
smile.gif

I suspect that what you have is a 9 pin mini din plug. It will probably be of the moulded type, and therefore is not easily opened to reveal the wiring.

I would deffinitely recommend you to take the control centre to a repair shop. Unless of course you`re good at repairing this sort of thing yourself.

Regards Howard
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back