S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoR

Grandpas Computer Problem -

I've just recently left/kicked out of my old pad with my roomates. So I moved in with my grandparents temporarily. I dont have DSL anymore and i forgot how much 56k sucks. but anyways, I have to use my grandfathers computer which is a little better than my system except the video card sucks its a S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (shared ram?) whenever I play starcraft it starts to skip every 5 seconds. I will click right when its skipping and the action happens .5-1 seconds later this is very annoying. Starcraft is what- 8 years old now, this video card sucks. On my system i have a geforce 4, amd athlon 2.02ghz, and 512 ram. my grandpas system has P4 2.68ghz, S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR, and 512 ram but it says he only has 480 ram so that much of it must be shared to the video card which sucks.

My Computer Problem-

I just bought an NEC MultiSync XP15 CRT monitor from my sisters Boyfriend for 25 bucks because my old monitor belongs to my ex-roomate. and it seems like it won't work with my video card. I did notice that this monitor has a grey plug at the end of the cable and my old one had a blue plug. My grandpas monitor (GEM GM-1770 CRT) with a blue plug works with my system. How can I get the NEC i just bought to work? is it some sort of resolution problem? When i turn the computer on it loads windows up fine but as soon as it gets to the login screen it goes all fuzzy and ****.

Peace out
~SPoR

boot the computer in safe mode. there you can install the proper monitor drivers, or lower the refresh rates/res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back