Sad day :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Today has been an overall crappy day.

To top if off though, today I ruined a perfectly good super 7 motherboard. It was PERFECT for its task - And was supremely stable with a k6/2 533 @ 550mhz.

And now it is toast, period, dead, roasted. Possibly the cpu too, but I'm hoping not.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone here knows where I could buy a super 7 board that supports 100mhz FSB, 5.5x multiplier, and has an AGP slot? The only board I found on pricewatch was a lame board with no agp, 5.0x max, and onboard video.

IF anyone knows where I could get a super 7 board supporting that or has one I could possibly buy off them, please lemme know, thanks.

the only thing I got in that category is a no name board I bought new and never used with a K62 450 mhz chip. it has a AGP slot and 4 PCI slots and 2 ISa's the chipset on it is via VT82C598MVP and the other chip is a via VT82c586B / S7-SB oh and it has 3 sdram slots and two USB.

Actually I don't know the model. It didn't have a brand or a serial number or an ID or anything on the board itself that I could locate, and utilities such as cpuinfo and sandra had no idea what it is either.
I got a vendor string of "8392", a vendor URL of "http://()" and when sandra tried to get motherboard information it bluescreens or crashes.
I'm thinking the motherboard was a prerelease of some form, it had AWARD BIOS but I don't remember the BIOS string, and of course I can't get it now :/
Oh well.
And ISS: Does that board work / is that board for sale? I might be interested if you are looking to unload it.

as far as I know the board works but like I said I never used it. never even hooked it up. originally I purchased it new while building a computer for someone before I was finished they changed their mind and I ended up with this board/chip and some other parts in the deal. this also has an award bios. it came with a photcopy sheet showing the mainboard but I dont know what happend to it.

I dont really have any use for it and i you think you can use it I would just as soon see it being used than sitting on my shelf.

Originally posted by iss
as far as I know the board works but like I said I never used it. never even hooked it up. originally I purchased it new while building a computer for someone before I was finished they changed their mind and I ended up with this board/chip and some other parts in the deal. this also has an award bios. it came with a photcopy sheet showing the mainboard but I dont know what happend to it.

I dont really have any use for it and i you think you can use it I would just as soon see it being used than sitting on my shelf.

Give me a PM on what you think would be a fair price to send it on over... I would definately have use for it.

I like the specs on the MSI board, looks like they would match what I need perfectly. I will definately be looking for where I can pick one of those up.

Today I got my other 533mhz k6/2 back (I lent it to a friend) and so now I will be rebuilding the box. As far as I know all the peripherals should still be working, I doubt it killed the RAM and video card too.

And how am I going to get the ID # when the board doesn't work? It isn't printed on the board itself anywhere at all.

It should be printed on it. I was under the impression that federal law required the FCC ID# be printed on all PCBs(At least that is what the FCC reference manual we have at work states)

Originally posted by StormBringer
It should be printed on it. I was under the impression that federal law required the FCC ID# be printed on all PCBs(At least that is what the FCC reference manual we have at work states)

If the board was manufactured/produced by another country, they don't have to follow U.S. federal law. It might be a foerign board. But, like I said, my guess is that the board was a prototype or demo or non-release-style board.

Even foreign boards have that number once they enter the US, if they are to be sold here. If someone bought it outside of here and brought it here, that would be different. Although, if it is a demo or some other non-release, then it may not have one at all. I don't remember seeing anything about that in the reference.

Originally posted by StormBringer
Even foreign boards have that number once they enter the US, if they are to be sold here. If someone bought it outside of here and brought it here, that would be different. Although, if it is a demo or some other non-release, then it may not have one at all. I don't remember seeing anything about that in the reference.

Of course I also may be just missing it. I will look it over tonight more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back