safe mode problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there,
my computer boots in safe mode, and there is no sound,no webcam use and the printer doesn't work. something to do with safe mode and networking. Not sure how to resolve. thanks 4 any advice.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Those things won`t work in safe mode, because in safe mode the drivers aren`t loaded for the devices.

What happens when you try and boot into normal mode?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

safe mode problem

Thankyou for your reply last week, Howard.
However, still having a problem.
The computer just boots in safe mode all the time.
I'm not sure what it is i'm supposed to be looking at, on "Boot up"
If you or anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.
I'm quite new to the computer world, still loads to learn.
Thanks for any help and ideas. :)

Are you sure your computer is booting into safe mode by itself?

safe mode would have the words "safe mode" in all four corners of the screen.

If you don`t see the above when your computer has finished booting, you`re not in safe mode.

In that case you would need to install the drivers for your system. Chipset drivers/video drivers/printer drivers/sound drivers etc.

Let us know, then we`ll see if we can get your system working properly.

Regards Howard :)

Thankyou for your reply.
My apologies first of all, i should have explained that this computer which is having a safe mode problem belongs to a friend of mine.
But since your last reply, she has managed to have the problem resolved.
I have since discovered that she was not keeping her Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware programmes upto date.
There were over 700 critical objects & 600 negligable objects on her machine before she realised she had to do a anti- spyware and anti-virus scan.
Anyway, my friend has had to have her operating system reinstalled, but she was able to save her work to disc first.
This may have been a contribution to why "Windows" was only letting her boot up in safe mode. "windows" may have had some files corrupted due to a virus or spyware, maybe.
Pls allow me to thankyou again for offering some support, i only wish my friend gave me ALL the infomation first.
That would have at least been more helpful to you regarding your support.

Thankyou again.
xbladebaz. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back