Safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mloo55

Well it is supposed by one of my daugters that the problem started when the keyboard fell down on the floor, the problem is that every time I turn on the pc the desk appears in safe mode. Initially i press F8 to get the menu and start in normal mode but when it starts again it is in safe mode. I cleaned some spies with ad-aware and spy bot but without good results. THis pc has win98SE and 256 .
Hope y may help
mloo55

Does the F8 key stick, or any key, for that matter? Maybe try another keyboard and see if the problem still exists. You could disconnect the keyboard, restart the computer, turn it off, reconnect the keyboard, restart. I take it the mouse works fine?

one question... What Operating system is this for... I know on older 9x operating systems 95,98 and ME your computer will look like it is in safe mode... your video settings will be at 640x480 with 16 bit color or whatever it was....

If it does not Say SAFE MODE in the 4 corners you are not in safe mode...

check your screen resolution... r-click desktop go to properties and click settings if you can not change the settings and you are "NOT" in safe mode your display adapter is corrupt..... uninstall reinstall video drivers at that point.

Hi guys,
tks fr yr response,just i noticed that no safe mode apears in the four corners so I opened display icon and made settings 1024x768 pixels and problem fixed. appreciated yr help
mloo55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back