Samsung RAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

i was wondering if there is anything special about samsung RAM? one of my friends was purchasing sum RAM from our local computer shop and like they stock corsair and crucial and stuff but they recomended the samsung over them. wats with that? isnt like corsair meant to be the best?????

I wouldn't go with anything they recommended. I never trust the sales people. It's probably being discontinued or something crazy.

Samsung RAM is ok. I wouldnt put it up there with Corsair, but it overall I have had decent expirences with it. I also often use Samsung DVD drives.

But as mentioned, dont believe everything you hear.

I have samsung ram in my computer and it works fine, but it wouldn't be accurate to say it is higher quality than crucial/corsair etc. There are various levels of samsung ram, so first find out exactly what the ram specs are they are trying to sell you. How are it's timings?

I have PC3200 3-3-3-8 (2 sticks of 512mb) and it is just OK. Not the fastest ram on the block, but very stable. Also note, it is terrible ram for overclocking (if that is something you are interested in).

Well im NOT buying ne RAM ne time soon so im not really fussed. in my system tho i have 4 sticks of 256 they r Kingston PC2700 i wouldnt have a clue about the timings tho! i was aware that it is possible to OC RAM but i am unsure as to the point of it!

You would have to ask the retailer what the timings of the ram is, or a model number would also help. If you want to know the timing of the ram you currently have, you could download and run some probing software like this one:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

And I wasn't really talking about overclocking the ram, but more overclocking your CPU. Ram is a major factor in how well a cpu can overclock, and the samsung ram in my experience doesn't handle things very well at all.

i have CPU-Z. but im at skool atm ne way! i dont really care wat my timings r. i just love the fact that i have 1 gig now insatead of 512! everything runs way better!

I know this is going to seem like a dumb question but I'm a n00b to PC building, are lower numbers in your timing better or worse? EX: is 2-3-3-4 better or worse than 3-3-3-8?

im not sure but i think that bigger numbers r better! but that is not fact that is just my guess/presumsion!

skitzo_zac said:
i was wondering if there is anything special about samsung RAM? one of my friends was purchasing sum RAM from our local computer shop and like they stock corsair and crucial and stuff but they recomended the samsung over them. wats with that? isnt like corsair meant to be the best?????
Samsung ram modules where everything is built by Samsung (PCB, memory chips, etc.) is quite good. But very often they'll sell you ram modules where only the memory chips are from the Samsung & the rest is probably from some less known low grade company.

See if the ram module has Samsung written on the PCB & & the sticker. You should be fine if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back