Samsung Spinpoints - Different series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a quiet, fast and reliable HDD - capacity is not important. I've narrowed my search down to Samsung, but I'm trying to find the difference between the different series - in particular, between the "T" series and the "SD" series. Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction?

Seagate is the more reliable, and has the longest warranty. Samsung, once a turkey, is not third behind Western Digital. When Samsung is really reliable, you will know as they are planning to change their warranty from three to five years... but we are not there yet.
Basically the SD defines three models in their P series, whereas the T-series is their main drive. Bearings and speed are the same.
Their website for hard drives is
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/type/type.do?group=computersperipherals&type=harddiskdrives
You can use their "find and Compare"

raybay said:

Thanks for the information. I had actually already dug into the Samsung site, and found the specifications, but they are virtually identical - Configuration (other than capacity), Performance Specification and Reliability Specification are identical. The only differences are in Acoustics, Environmental Specifications, Power Requirements and Physical Dimensions, but the differences are trivial. I'm sure that there must be some significant distinguishing features - manufacturers do not run 2 different products for no reason - but the distinguishing features are not apparent from the specification.

Well, the T-Series starts at 300 GB, whereas the P series SD has only 80 GB and 160GB as far as I can see, with one of them SATA 2.
It is likely that one series is for production line, while the other is for commecial sales. Samsung has recently announced it is making a major push into retail sales and the aftermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back