Sandisk Cruzer Micro 1 Gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site after searching forums for some help with the Cruzer 1Gb micro.

My cruzer works just fine on my desktop running Windows 2000, loading "U3" beautifully, however when I plug the cruzer into "newer" desktop and laptop running XP I get an error message sthat says "one of the usb devices connected to this computer has malfunctioned and is not recognized by Windows"

The USB ports on both machines work well with other devises including cruzer mini and an old 64Mb stick.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have.

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks for the reply, sorry for my delayed response, I had to leave town for a couple of days.

The Cruzer Micro is right out of the package, purchased in October 2006.
My PC and laptop XP systems are both fully updated. Any thoughts?

I'm inclined to return the Cruzer and replace it with a simple flash drive, with no embedded software.

Thanks,

Michael

techniglyph said:
Thanks for the reply, sorry for my delayed response, I had to leave town for a couple of days.

The Cruzer Micro is right out of the package, purchased in October 2006.
My PC and laptop XP systems are both fully updated. Any thoughts?

I'm inclined to return the Cruzer and replace it with a simple flash drive, with no embedded software.

Thanks,

Michael

You could try and format the new Cruzer in Disk Management, and see if it works then

START, opposite click on My Computer, select Manage, select Disk Management. Find the Cruzer in the list, opposite click, and choose Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back