Sandisk Cruzer Profile problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a cruzer Profile. The first time I used it I added fingerprints, Username and Password. Today I logged in (with a fingerprint) and deleted all the fingerprints, thinking I would be able to use it on my MP3 player. Now I can’t log in at all (or set up new fingerprints). The moment I insert my cruzer profile, it prompts me to run the software (unlock Cruzer Profile), and then it asks for a fingerprint. I've tried all ten and they all fail. I can't see how it will allow you to delete all ten and then ask you for one as you try to log back in.
I have tried formatting it, but it keeps coming up with "Windows was unable to complete the format".
My Computer and Device Manager shows 2 drives, one shows the Profile logo (Local Disk) and the other one Removable Disk. I can brose the Local Disk. There are several files (autorun, CruzerLoginSetup, CruzerProfile, CruzerProfileHelp, gdiplus.dll, tfm.dll, and movie clips). I ran the CruzerLoginSetup, witch installs the software and asks for a reboot, after that there is no way of accessing the software without a fingerprint, witch it keeps asking me. If I run CruzerProfile it directly asks for my fingerprint. I think I have tried just about everything.
There is no way that I can access the Cruzer Profile or software so that I can enter new fingerprints.
Has anyone had similar problems?
Is there any way to forcibly format the device and start from scratch?
Thanks

Attachments

• cruzerprofile_des.jpg
    cruzerprofile_des.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi Tedster
I’ve tried everything in that thread, nothing works. I’ve tried Partition Magic, but it doesn’t even see the drive, although device manager and My computer shows it.
The search goes on…
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back