Sapphire responds to Radeon cards complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Sapphire has become one of the leading graphics card providers in the past year, timely offering ATI based boards in the retail channel. In the recent weeks however there was a lot of confusion created by a new 128-bit Radeon 9800 offering which mislead users into believing they were buying a fully performing 9800 Pro board. The manufacturer has shown its concern and respect to the community and is now giving the option of returning the boards or upgrading to a 256-bit board for a small difference. All new boards will also be clearly labeled as 128-bit parts from now on.

Good for them, all my Radeon cards are Sapphire, and will most likely continue to be as long as the quality is great. I like how they've made an effort to rectify the problem instead of 'Microsofting' the problem. Hats off fellas!

saphire

I don't know the quality of the cards currently... But in the past (a few years ago) they were crap. Drivers didn't work and there was no support. That really turned me off of ATI. I would go back but I have no cash..

I do not believe ther ever was a problem with the quality of the ATI cards (at least not since the original Radeon). nVidia cards were known to have flaky 2D quality & hadn't really adressed that until the GF4 cards.

As far as drivers go, they've come a long way but it was pretty horrible in the beginning.:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back