Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSFAN

Hi, around last week or so, I bought the x1950 pro, but in AGP. After trying to cool it with water, and replacing heatsinks, something went terribly wrong. After placing heatsinks on the VRMs (Voltage Regulator Modules) of the card, booted up, the card blew. Smoke came out of one of the three vrms. Now my question is: Could I RMA this card or not? I bought it from Infonec Computers on February 9th 2007.

Yeah, It must have at least 1 year warranty??? No? Do you think that they would replace a modified video card??

Most companies have warranty wording that voids the warranty if there are any modifications... but what modifications did you make?

Took off the stock cooler, put a waterblock and heatsinks. That is all I did. So what do you think???

I think put stock stuff on, put on some white crap thermal paste or something that looked like it when you got it and return it.

YAY, I got my card replaced, even though it was modded. Now I'm back with a spanking new X1950 PRO. Thanks for your info guys. Much Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back