Sarching for the ultimate DDR RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutantToad

Hey all,

Here is a very general question: What is the best DDR RAM?

Narrowing it down:
Must be unbuffered
Must have low latency (max 3-3-3-7)
Must be comptible with DFI LANParty SLI-DR mobo
Must have no heatspreader, unless in a 2GB module

My selection so far is the Crucial CT12864Z40B. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Yes, but the only problem with Corsair is that I cant get 4 gigs of memory onto the mobo (I don't think it will fit in the slots.) Any other recommendations?

~Toad

thats alot of ram

I own corsair and i love it, altough if that wont work, mushkin, kingston, ocz god there alot of good brands. Just get a b rand with a lifetime warranty. Stay away from patriot and Rosewill.... :dead:

Sean

BTW-other then for a server, why do you need 4gigs RAM??

Yes, 4 gigs is a lot, but I want ultimate performance :). Does Kingston have 1 GB unbuffered non-heatspreader memory modules? Back to the original topic, any other suggestions for good memory?

More ram won't increase your performance, you do know that, right ? 2GB is already overkill, let alone 4GB. If you want to run this much Ram reliably, you'll probably need registered Ram & a motherboard that supports it.

I know that, but it is still nice to have 4 gigs (It does perform better in some things than 1 gig.) My mobo does support that much.

~Toad

Well 1GB of PC3200 will run as fast as 4GB of PC3200. A very big game will probably work (slightly) faster when more ram is installed but I have yet to see a game use up more then 700/800mb of ram.

& when you add so much ram, the motherboard will probably slow down the speed or increase the latency in a major way just so everything can run reliably. Let's not even get into the single-sided / double-sided problem.

in addition to didou's valid point, the extra money spent on the extra 3 gigs of ram could go towards a graphics card or something else more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back