Sata 2 cables compatible with sata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

topic i got a sata 2 hd and a sata drive and some one told me the cables for sata 2 will work on my sata so i ordred 2 uv green sata 2 cables 10 inch.thanks in advanced for the help.

Hmm

I was gonna actually start a thread on this....is there any diff in sata 2 cables then standard sata as far as speed is concerned ? Or is it just sales jargin ?

well from what frozen cpu told me and other people told me the red sata cables for sata2 is the same well we will see when i get it.

btw the speed on them is different but from what i heard you can use the same connectors just diff speeds on sata to sata 2 of course sata being the faster one.

sata cable color means nothing. if there is an official sata cable color specification, then it's certainly not adhered to. I have 3 different colored sata cables sitting unused; blue, grey, and red (all came with motherboards, I never bought an a sata cable by itself).

the cables that are marketed at "sata2 cables" are most likely a newer revision, higher quality cable. the newer revision adds a locking mechanism to the connectors themselves (a nice improvement, but has no effect on transfer speeds) and better shielding.

from what I have read, sata/sata1/sata150 cables should work on a sata2/sata300 drive. the newer revision cables are a little better, but have little or no effect on transfer speeds.

cheers :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back