SATA drivers....what kind of MOBO????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a 320G SATA HD for my PC and I need to know what kind of MOBO I have in order to install the correct drivers....I've looked on the MOFBO and can't find any kind of markings to indicate the brand...is there any place else I can retrieve this information? Thanks!!! :)

Download and run the free Belarc Advisor, or Everest Home... When installed, either will report all your components.
Alternately, you can jot down the model P/N from the center of the board, and post it in a Googe search.

raybay just gave u a good respose. do u not know the components on the MoBo, look in the book. Do you have the MoBo book?

Spank me Harder:)

Gee nickkyy, feel like I just got spanked in front of the whole class.....but it was worth it:) Thank you very much Nic C and Ray Ban for the information, I would be lost without it. I'll keep you posted on the final outcome.,,,I know you can't wait.

Thanks again !!!!
Jupiter:)

I am sooooo Dumb....

Thank you Rayban, I downloaded Belarc Advisor.....then I realized that the reason I got the SATA to begin with is because my old HD had a "total Hard Disk Failure" and wouldn't boot.....So I'm sittin here with nothing to load this Belarc onto......Yeah, that's why I asked my stupid question in the first place, now I remember:) So once again.....is there any way to distinguish what type/brand MOBO is in my PC? I know...I have to find a HD that works for a temp fix in order to achieve my end goal.....I was just lookin for the easy way I guess. (Don't tell NicCky, cuz that last spankin kinda hurt:)

PS - by the way, I don't have the MOBO book.....
THANKS AGAIN for your help!!!!:)

Is this a branded PC (Dell Compaq, hp etc.)? Knowing the model might help. If not then look on the printed circuit board the mobo is assembled with. The brand, model number, and revision or version should be silk screened right on the pcb.

I check the circuit board itself when I first attempted to install the SATA, nada......so I did what I said...got an ATA 40G, installed it, loaded XP, Installed belarc, found my MOBO, downloaded drivers, installed my SATA, installed drivers, and guess what........we're Rollin baby:) Thanks for all the help and support RayBan, PsychedelicDude and NickyPooh....Oh, and NicC, thanks for makin me feel like a dumb female computer geek:)(Reference: Profile)Not taken personal--happens all the time")...Smile...BIG Smile:)

Open the case and jot down the model numbers which will usually be found near the center of the board, on on the edge of the board opposite the edge where the PCI cards stick out.
Type the Part number or model number into a gurgle search, and you will instantly learn a lot about your board.
These companies all make reliable SATA drives that will fit your mobo... from the information you get, you will also learn what you need for SATA drives and SATA cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back