SATA Drives and K8NE-Deluxe & XP - not detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have an 80GB ATA harddrive with windows installed on it, and I am attempting to add a 200GB SATA Maxtor harddrive. I am fairly sure everything is hooked up properly and when I boot I can press F4 to get to a RAID utility and that RAID utility displays the harddrive, however I cannot get the harddrive to show up in Windows (it is displayed in the BIOS under HDD Boot Order). I have searched several websites for a solution to this but I have come up blank. Any help would be appreciated and if this has already been answered I would greatly appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Under device manager I have "NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller (v2.6)" but that is all. I am really at a loss for what to do here...

Never mind, I had it plugged in at the bottom of the board in the red sata connections that are apperently only for SATA RAID instead of the regular brown sata connectors.

But now that that is plugged in right only one of my cd rom drives that shows up in the bios and opens-closes fine isn't showing up in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back