SATA failure - DRIVER-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Hi, Im new to forums, I usally figure out problems on my own but now I need HELP :blush: here goes...
p4 3ghz/asrock p4vm8/HITACHI DESKSTAR 160G SATA HDD , etc
error when installing xp Is ; DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
My sata hdd was working fine for two months till I started getting problems, I reinstalled xp pro and still was not happy.. THEN I ran hitachis FDISK to completely format my drive... the proocess froze 75% through completion and after 8 hours I powered my pc down... by doing so I created a larger problem.. windows will not recognise my hdd and the fdisk freezes after displaying ... ENTERING BIOS.
HELP, how do I solve this problem or complete the format of my hdd without using a hammer ??? :confused:

aseinai said:
:( Hi, Im new to forums, I usally figure out problems on my own but now I need HELP :blush: here goes...
p4 3ghz/asrock p4vm8/HITACHI DESKSTAR 160G SATA HDD , etc
error when installing xp Is ; DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
My sata hdd was working fine for two months till I started getting problems, I reinstalled xp pro and still was not happy.. THEN I ran hitachis FDISK to completely format my drive... the proocess froze 75% through completion and after 8 hours I powered my pc down... by doing so I created a larger problem.. windows will not recognise my hdd and the fdisk freezes after displaying ... ENTERING BIOS.
HELP, how do I solve this problem or complete the format of my hdd without using a hammer ??? :confused:
One of the worst errors you're ever going to deal with mainly because there are a number of things which might cause it. I had the same problem with my sata drive. I had a similar error before which indicated that my drive was bad. I replaced the HD with a new one but still got the IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQAL error. Then i pulled one RAM memory stick out of the slot and rebooted the system. Turned out my the memory stick was bad and the system worked fine every since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back