Sata Hard Drive and Windows Xp HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I change the BIOS to startup by reading the Sata drive. Windows XP wont read my hard drive when I go to install it.

got a fix

ok commen problem. when you try to install windows on a SATA hard drive you need to give it drivers... so on another computer go online and find you mobo manufacture and look for sata drivers. you will need to make a floppy, so look for a download file somthing like RAID drivers or SATA drivers. and usually like 200k or so, it is a floppy image.

after you get that, when you turn on the computer and start installing win. as soon as you see the blue screen(installing) and the press F6 for RAID configureing. pres F6. I no you don't have RAID but this is how you do it. press F6 , there is no comfermation that you pressed it so let it go on loading. the this screen you probally haven't seen before pops up and asks for the drivers. press s to speficy and put in the floppy with the drivers on it. If you got the drivers correctily it will say your SATA controller info after you loaded the drivers. enter to install and then its a normal install. hope it works.

what is mobo? what if i dont havea floppy drive? i have an usb external hard drive and a cd card reader, can i use one of those?

oh, sorry, mobo is short for motherboard. like asus p5gz-mx or somthing like that. or of you have a dell or somthing search your model on the manufacture's web site. And yes you MUST have a floppy drive. sorry man. I think a usb 1 will work if you have one of those, if not, "borrow" one from someone else for the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back