Not open for further replies.
New Build-- Jan. 2007

Intel motherboard---BoxDG965WHMKR P965-retail
CPU- Intel E6600
MEM 1Gx2 Corsair Twin2x2048-6400 R
VGA EVGA 7900GS K0
Hard Drives-- WD 74GB sata and WD 250GB sata
OS- Vista Ultimate

Everything seemed to work fine on the new build for a week or so. That is until I installed a promise
ultra 100 tx2 pci controler where I could add another hard drive(ide drive) Well, after that the system
would not even boot until I removed the pci controller card. Also, when it did boot, found no operating
system. I rebooted into bios and my two sata hard drives were missing. I have tried everything I can
but the bios will not recognize the sata hard drives anymore. However, the sata dvd-rw is recognized
and works fine. I have cleared cmos, have updated to new bios again, reinstalled drivers, still no sata hd in bios.
I even installed winxp pro on a (ide hd ,using the only one slot this mb has ) and everything works fine on winxp
but still bios will not recognize neither of my two sata hard drives. When I installed the ultra 100 controller in the
pci slot, did it mixup my controller drivers for the sata or what????????????????????? Have worked on this problem
almost 3 days. Any help would be very much appreshiated............

First, if the BIOS can't find the drives, then your problem has got nothing to do with any software, including operating systems and drivers.

Try your SATA drives one at a time in another computer to make sure that they actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back