SATA HD with IDE drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgreen

I recently built a PC and didn't order a floppy drive so I couldn't install SATA drivers when installing XP. Everything works fine I was just wondering if anything bad can happen? Am I confined to IDE speeds etc..?

How'd you get it installed to the SATA drive then? Some setups (the only 2 motherboards I've used with sata did) where the SATA doesn't need special drivers for a reason I can't explain properly right now. So basically if you got Windows installed to the drive you don't need to worry about it.

Some SATA controllers are able to emulate an IDE controller (it's a BIOS setting). As for the speeds, only benchmarking would tell..

People report that some OS/hardware/driver combinations even run significantly faster in ATA emulation mode than native SATA.

i dont know wat the configuration of your computer is... but your mother board must have sata compatible ports... no other way.
SATA ports are 3/4th an inch of size and simply named as sata 1 sata 2 etc... it's on the mother board.
and wat relation is there between a floppy drive and a SATA HDD?
and how come anyone has to install SATA HDD's?
WAIT! are we speaking about a SATA HDD? i havent heard of SATA drivers.

matav said:
i dont know wat the configuration of your computer is... but your mother board must have sata compatible ports... no other way.
SATA ports are 3/4th an inch of size and simply named as sata 1 sata 2 etc... it's on the mother board.
please DO NOT piggy back questions. Start a new thread. Please read the rules.

matav said:

u just said how little u know so read and then answere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back