SATA HDD in laptop with Ultra ATA connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hard drive recently went on me, so I ordered a new one. I guess I did it kind of hastily, since upon its arrival today, I came to find out that it is an SATA hard drive, while my laptop only furnishes an Ultra-ATA (44 pin) connection. DOH! My question is: does anyone know if an adaptor exists which would allow me to use this new hard drive on my laptop? And if so, any ideas where I might be able to get it? I did find that such adaptors exist for desktop computers, but haven't been able to find anything for the laptop. I've also found the universal USB adaptors, but that won't help either due to the fact that this will be my primary/only drive, and needs to be bootable. Any help here would be appreciated, I'm really trying to avoid returning this thing.

Thanks in Advance!

There's no room in laptops to install an internal hard drive adapter, return the SATA if you can, otherwise buy the proper IDE laptop drive

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that as well -- I already have the old drive out and do notice there's really not much room.. I guess I was hoping there would be a really slim adapter or something... Ahh well, thanks very much for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back