SATA HDD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, it will probably be a dummy question, but gotta ask it anyway.
Can I have only one SATA HDD installed?
The problem is that using ASRock P4VT8+ when I hook up SATA drive and want to install Windows XP , Windows installation process says there is no hard drive?

Thank you for your answers !

Artie

Enabling SATA in bios

Yes it is possible to have just the one. It needs SATA enabled in the bios and you will probably need to install a raid driver. This needs to be put on a floppy and press F6 near the beginning of install when asked for 3rd party drivers.

But the problem is that there are no accurate settings in the BIOS concerning SATA enable/disable. I thought about that.
And as far as RAID; do I need that if I do not want to install second HDD to set up RAID ?

Thank you

Artie

You need to install the raid drivers as they are the controller that the disk connects to. Fill in you machine profile and then we won't have to guess what you're using.

Thank you for all your answers. It's working now.
What I did is I downloaded SATA drivers from manufacturers web site and installing Windows XP I pointed out to the floppy and drivers and---- it's alive ! :)

Thank you for the tip.

I just thought that since I'm not going to use RAID setup I don't need it. But it helped !

Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving !!

Thank you once again

Artie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back